ISSUING PERSONNEL SECURITY CLEARANCES
TO CROATIAN NATIONALS
FOR EMPLOYMENT ABROAD
|Personnel Security Clearance (PSC or Clearnce) is issued by Croatian National Security Authority (NSA) – Office of the National Security Council (UVNS).|
|The PSC is issued for security classification levels TOP SECRET, SECRET or CONFIDENTIAL for a validity period of 5 years.|
|The Clearance itself is not classified information.|
a. Submitting a Request for PSC
The organization, institution, agency, company or NSA/DSA of the country where the Croatian national is occupying or applying for a position that requires a PSC, has to submit a request for a PSC to be issued to that individual.
The Request should contain the following information:
- Personal data on the individual for whom the Request is submitted,
- Name of the organization, institution, agency or company where the individual is/will be employed,
- Duty or position the individual is/will be assigned to,
- Security classification level and type of Clearance (NATO, EU or national classified information).
The Request is submitted to the Office of the National Security Council (UVNS):
- in original, by mail to the address: Ured Vijeća za nacionalnu sigurnost, Jurjevska 34, HR-10000 Zagreb
- scanned, by e-mail to email@example.com.
In such a case, the Request is submitted in one of the abovementioned ways, having a proof of necessity for PSC enclosed/attached to it.
Only a document issued by the organization, institution, agency or company where the individual is employed or applying for a job can be acknowledged as proof of necessity for the PSC. The document shall:
- state that the individual has to hold a PSC for the purpose of employment in the relevant organization, institution, agency or company.
- provide information on the position or duty the individual is occupying or applying for, security classification level and type of PSC needed for that position or duty.
Croatian national for whom the Request is submitted has to fill out and sign the SVQ personally.
Regardless of the type of Clearance, the SVQ forms are the same:
- for PSC allowing access to information of security classification level TOP SECRET (COSMIC TOP SECRET, TRÈS SECRET UE/EU TOP SECRET) the 1st degree SVQ shall be completed;
- for PSC allowing access to information of security classification level SECRET (NATO SECRET, SECRET UE/EU SECRET) the 2nd degree SVQ shall be completed;
- for PSC allowing access to information of security classification level CONFIDENTIAL (NATO CONFIDENTIAL, CONFIDENTIEL UE/EU CONFIDENTIAL) the 3rd degree SVQ shall be completed.
English versions of the SVQ forms are for reference only and are available at http://www.uvns.hr/en.
The Croatian version of the SVQ form, completed and signed, shall be enclosed to the Request.
The completed and signed SVQ form shall be delivered to the Office of the National Security Council (UVNS) in original, in one of the following ways:
|1.||By diplomatic mail via the diplomatic or consular missions of Croatia in the country of the individual's residence|
|2.||Through the Sub-registry of the Permanent Representation of Croatia to the EU or
Sub-registry of the Permanent Representation of Croatia to NATO in Brussels
|3.||By registered mail to the following address:
Ured Vijeća za nacionalnu sigurnost
|4.||The Croatian national can also deliver the Questionnaire personally to the UVNS at the address: Tuškanac 36, Zagreb|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: After being completed and signed the SVQs present a classified information marked RESTRICTED and as such shall not be sent by e-mail.
c. Delivery of PSC and security briefing
The PSC is delivered to the applicant (the author of the Request).
If the Croatian national has submitted the Request personally to the UVNS, the PSC is delivered to the organization, institution, agency or company where he/she is employed or is applying for a job requiring a Clearance.
The security briefing shall be hold by the applicant or the security officer in the organization, institution, agency or company where the individual is employed or is applying for a job, which requires a Clearance.
d. Further questions related to the Request for PSC
Parties concerned (competent authorities, like NSA or DSA of a country, NATO Office for Security and the like, or a Croatian national being recruited for a position requiring a Clearance) can contact the UVNS directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions they may have on the Request for issuing a PSC.