Most important tasks and responsibilities
- stipulates, coordinates and harmonizes the adoption and implementation of information security measures and standards in the Republic of Croatia;
- based on the Government Decision negotiates and concludes international security agreements on mutual protection and exchange of Classified Information;
- performs education and coordinates and harmonizes the work of security officers and security coordinators in state bodies and legal entities;
- issues security clearances for individuals, Croatian citizens, who handle Classified Information and Facility Security Clearances for legal entities which conclude Classified Contracts;
- performs oversight of the implementation of information security measures and standards in state bodies and legal entities which handle Classified Information;
- coordinates and harmonizes the work of ZSIS as the national NCSA, SAA and NDA body and CARNet as the national CERT;
- coordinates the international cooperation between competent Croatian authorities in the field of information security.